Normally two Saturday Mornings per month, first race 9.30am,
also Easter Monday & August Monday 11.00am, Boxing Day
Four minute races, three heats and eight car finals.
ALL MEETINGS ON AN OVAL TRACK
National meeting Spring Bank Holiday Monday, 10am if being
Five minute races, top 8 cars
goe into the final.
1) No car shall be constructed so as to be
dangerous to persons or cause damage to competitor’s
cars or to the track surface. No sharp or protruding objects
are allowed on the cars.
2) Body and chassis must be securely joined at the start of
race and must remain on car during the race. When initially
entered at a meeting the body shell must be neatly finished
3) Steel whip aerials and rollover masts are not allowed.
4) Radio control receivers carried in the car can have either
two devices connected, (normally the steering servo and the
speed controller) or 3 channel (can be used for flashing lights
for club level or superstars for national level).
5) No tyre additives are allowed.
6) The use of multiple speed transmissions (gearboxes) is
not allowed, only 32dp pitch gears will be allowed.
7) Only one drive motor is allowed per car.
8) For drivers wishing to develop or modify cars, this should
be done and tested at club level. The next stage maybe to
test at National level, with the consent of the committee.
Any testing at Nationals, will lead to the driver going to
the last position after qualifying ie if there are 20 drivers
competing, after qualifying the testing driver will be deemed
to be 20th. No testing driver will pick up any points for
the series or receive any trophies.
1) Models to be a reasonable representation
of a full size open wheel (Brisca F1 or F2 type car) and to
have a minimum ground clearance of 3mm and 1mm under gear
2) Overall chassis length to be between 285mm and 310mm. Overall
chassis width to be a maximum of 160mm.
3) Front and rear bumpers must be fitted, and have a contact
surface between 9mm and 16mm. The distance between the bumper
centreline and the ground must be between 32mm and 41mm. All
bumpers must be plugged and have no sharp edges and must be
constructed from a non-metallic material.
4) Over riders must be bolted to front and rear bumpers. The
height from the top of the bumper to the top of the overrides
must be between 19mm and 32mm at the front and must have a
maximum of 19mm at the rear.
5) Nerf bars must be fitted on the same level as the bumpers
and attached to the chassis rails with a maximum contact surface
6) Bodies and aerofoils must be made from ABS or polycarbonate,
metal bodies or aerofoils are not allowed. All four windows
must be cut out on both Lexan and ABS Shells. The height of
the body roof from the floor to be between 88mm and 126mm.
Aerofoils if fitted must have no sharp edges and be mounted
in a safe manner. The maximum size of the centre panel to
be no more than 126mm-126mm, and the side panels 126mm-70mm.The
roofs must be painted down to the waistline of the body with
the drivers classification colour, if an aerofoil is fitted,
this alone may be painted with the drivers classification
colour, if the driver wishes.
7) Driver’s national race number must be displayed on
the exterior of the car, with a minimum height of 10mm. Any
colour may be used but it must be legible. Only one racing
number allowed per membership. Racing numbers will be available
for renewal from the 1st January until the 28th February each
year. Any numbers not registered by that date will be allocated
on a first come, first served basis. The drivers name must
be on the outside of the body.
8) The cost of the complete car excluding radio equipment
and cells must not exceed £145.00. In the case of scratch
built cars the entrant must be prepared to produce replicas
of the car if so required for a price of £145.00 or
9) Motors must be Mabuchi RS540SH / Irvine Topaz / or the
V14 only and must remain unopened. External motor bearings
or fine pitch gears are not allowed.
10) Batteries to be sub C sized cells only, and be 23mm diameter
and 42mm length rated @ 1.2 volts per cell, with a maximum
of 6 cells and 7.2 volts nominal, all types of dry cells to
11) All cars will have reverse fitted and must be checked
before each race.
12) Electronic speed controllers are not allowed.
13) Limited slip devices and differentials of any kind are
not allowed solid rear axle only.
14) Steel whip aerials and anti roll masts are not allowed.
Arial tubes to be a maximum height of 200mm from track surface.
15) Tyres must have a minimum 12mm and maximum 26mm width,
and maximum 60mm diameter. Tyre additives are not allowed.
16) Ball races allowed on rear axle only.
17) Base plate to be made from GRP only, top chassis to be
nylon or polypropylene only.